The Philippines is fully open for the country’s tourism industry recovery. Starting April 1, there will be no limit to the number of international passengers arriving in all ports of entry in the country. Therefore, this is your time to prepare for a trip to this beautiful island nation. Here are some questions that you may be interested in.
Table of Contents
1. Can I enter the Philippines if I am vaccinated?
You can enter the Philippines if you are vaccinated. You must get a full vaccination course at least 14 days before arriving in the Philippines.
If you are fully vaccinated, present both documents:
- A vaccination certificate
- A negative PCR test is taken no more than 48 hours before entering the Philippines
In addition, if you enter the Philippines through a visa, you need to purchase travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment with a minimum coverage of $ 35,000.
2. Can I enter the Philippines if I am unvaccinated?
You can enter the Philippines if you are unvaccinated. However, you have to present one of the following documents:
- A negative PCR test that is no more than 48 hours old before entering the Philippines
- A recovery certificate that is no more than 180 days old
Moreover, you must keep in mind that unvaccinated travelers have to self-isolate at a quarantine facility until they get negative test results.
3. Is it safe to travel to the Philippines right now?
Although the Philippines is rated as a “high risk” country, international travel is possible and safe if you follow basic COVID-19 rules:
- Masks are required in public places
- Temperature checks are obligatory in all recreation areas
4. Is Manila open for travel?
Now, Manila is open for travelers. COVID-19-related restrictions in the capital are the same as the nationwide rules.
5. Do I have to quarantine if I go to the Philippines?
If you are vaccinated travelers are exempt from quarantine.
In the contrast, if you are an unvaccinated traveler, you will have to:
- Self-isolate at quarantine facilities upon arrival
- Undergo a swab test on day 5
- complete self-isolation when a negative test is received
6. How do I get a health pass to travel to the Philippines?
When traveling to the Philippines, all visitors have to complete the Health Pass. After completing it, you will have all your COVID-19 data and documents digitized.
7. Do I need a visa to travel to the Philippines?
The updated resolutions also allow the entry of passport holders from Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR for a period not exceeding 14 days. And approves the reciprocal recognition of Covid-19 vaccination certificates from Croatia, Cyprus, and Nepal which are among the 157 countries whose citizens can enter the Philippines without a visa under EO 408.
To help customers plan a Philippines tour that is more exciting and convenient, Vietbiz Travel would like to suggest some of our designed Southeast Asia tours.