The Indonesian government increased nationalities eligible for visa-on-arrival (VOA) at the weekend as the country seeks to make it more convenient for international travelers to visit the country.
Table of Contents
1. Currently added nationalities eligible for VOA
The additions to the latest VOA list are Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
The 30-day visa-on-arrival facility is available at international airports in Bali, Jakarta, Medan, Surabaya, Manado, Makassar, Batam, Yogyakarta and Lombok. The seaports of Benoa (Bali) and in Riau Province (including Batam and Bintan) are also eligible for VOA.
The VOA fee remains IDR 500,000 (approximately USD35). Travelers can pay in all major currencies or credit cards upon arrival.
For nationals from nine ASEAN countries, the visa fee is waived for a 30-day stay.
2. Latest entry rules
However, travelers need to meet the following requirements:
- Showing physical or digital evidence of fully vaccination in English at least 14 days before departure (no need for a booster shot).
- Children under 18 years are exempted from this rule (previously under 12 years). They follow the same provisions for their parents or caregivers.
- Downloading the PeduliLindungi application on one’s smartphone and fill out the e-Hac Indonesia.
- Providing evidence of a negative PCR test taken in the country of origin within 48 hours of the scheduled flight departure.
- Having health insurance covering Covid-19. Asian Trails recommends a minimum cover of USD25,000.
On arrival, no further PCR testing or quarantine is necessary if the body temperature is below 37.5 degrees Celsius. The visitor is free to travel anywhere in Indonesia. A second PCR Test is only necessary if the visitor’s temperature is above 37.5 degrees Celsius.
See the full list of nationalities eligible for VOA
To help customers plan an Indonesia tour that is more exciting and convenient, Vietbiz Travel would like to suggest some of our designed Southeast Asia tours.